Homeowners and business owners are turning to under-the-sink water tankless heaters for hot water needs due to their efficiency. Unlike traditional water heaters, these models feature a stylish design and call for a hassle-free installation since they do not require complicated wiring.
Their compact design is another addition which enables them to fit into small spaces. Unlike competitor products,also, the heaters require users to plug them into a 120volts electrical outlet, but other models support a 240volts outlet in addition to the primary voltage.
With the advantage of eco-friendliness and energy efficiency, the water heaters steal the show since most users want to get models that can save up to 50% of the energy bills while ensuring a consistent supply of hot water.
To help you locate the right water heater for your home or commercial building, we have reviewed eight best under-the-sink tankless water heaters in 2019. Let have a look at what each has to offer for you to make an informed buy.
Comparison of the Top Mini-Tank Water Heaters in the Market Today
Top 8 Under Sink Hot Water Heaters Reviews
1. Bosch ES2.5-Point-Of-Use Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
- Provides hot water quickly at point-of-use
- Units can be wall/floor mounted
The answer to a stylish and powerful tankless water heater is Bosch ES2.5. Designed with exceptional features and easy installation techniques, you can expect the heater to deliver hot water within minutes of installation. Specifically, the heater can be floor or wall mounted which means less space required during installation.
Bosch ES2.5 is compact and lightweight to guarantee a space-saving design. In particular, the heater measures 14 x 10.8 x 14 inches and weighs 15.43 pounds. Another feature that makes this model stand out from other contemporary tankless water heaters is the stylish design. The reason is the glass-lined tank which enhances not only aesthetics but also longevity.
The heater comes accompanied by a pressure and temperature relief valve to guarantee complete safety. Also, there is a 1/2″male NPT connection and a 120V AC plug-in connection to enhance fast and easy installation. With a 2.7-gallon tank, you can expect Bosch ES2.5 to fit into compact spaces such as under the sink.
What also makes the heater a top-scoring tankless water heater is its fast recovery rate. Because of this, you can forget about the long waits for hot water, more importantly when you do not have the time to do so. Besides the ES2.5 model, Bosch Tronic 3000T series offers two other sizes of these mini-tanks to help you locate a unit that will help you satisfy your home’s hot water requirements.
- A temperature knob on the front side helps to maintain consistent heat.
- The model delivers hot water fast.
- It is easy to install and compatible with floor or wall mounting designs.
- Safe to use due to the pressure and temperature relief valve.
- Limited child safety.
- The fact that the fittings are non-metallic means that you need to be very cautious when installation to avoid breakage.
To cut the long story short;
Bosch ES2.5 is a perfect choice for homeowners willing to take home a stylish tankless water heater, yet one that is equipped with a lot of features to guarantee instant how water supply. Owing to the elegant Italian design and glass-lined tank, you can expect to have received a good-looking and durable heater. Do not also forget that the heater has served thousands of households who have rendered it effective in delivering hot water within a short time. Hence, do not look any further if all you need is a powerful and stylish tankless water heater.
2. Stiebel EltronMini 3-1 Tankless Electric Water Heater
- Extremely compact design saves space
- Major energy savings
Does your definition of the best under-the-sink tankless water heater mean an energy-saving water heater? Well, this German-engineered water heater should be the answer to these needs. Synonymizing with the best value for money, Stiebel Eltron Mini 3 prides itself as a heater that heats water instantly with a 99.9% efficiency.
Additionally, the water heater heats water instantly to eliminate standby heat losses. This makes it win the hearts of many since it saves a considerable amount of energy while delivering an unlimited supply of hot water. Being one of the most preferred models under Stiebel Eltron this heater features a user-friendly design which allows you to mount it effortlessly and easily at the point-of-use.
What is more, is that the unit has proven records of reliability due to the safety features that make it perfect for use in malls, schools, gas stations, office buildings, among other commercial settings. Stiebel Eltron Mini 3 is lightweight at only 3.44 pounds to guarantee easy installation. The product further measures 6.5 x 3.8 x 7.5 inches which means lesser space needed for installation.
Unlike competitor products, the unit doesn’t require venting, drains, a pressure relief valve or a circulating pump. In fact, all it requires is a simple flow switch which enables you to control the heating elements efficiently.
- Attractive design makes the heater a great addition to modern decors.
- Energy-efficient design means fewer costs on water heating.
- The heater is easy to mount.
- It delivers hot water at the point of use.
- No LED panel or a single LED power light.
In a glance;
Having a small income doesn’t mean that you cannot install a tankless water heater, the reason I recommend that you get this electric water heater. Availed at an affordable cost and designed with energy savings in mind, Stiebel Eltron Mini 3-1 is a perfect option for helping you save money in the long run. Therefore, get the heater so that you can get instant water without standby energy losses.
3. Atmor Tankless Electric Water Heater
- Ideal for single sink application in areas with at least 57° ground water temperature
- Maximum flow rate 0.5 GPM (Gallons per Minute) = 45° F temperature rise. Slower flow rate = higher temperature rise.Max tested working pressure: 16 BAR (230 PSI)
Taking a royal entry from ATMOR 900 series is this tankless water heater. The heater offers an efficient and convenient water heating solution due to its ability to save time, water, money, and energy. Also, it acts as a perfect addition in modern and small kitchens and bathrooms due to the stylish and compact design.
The heater measures 11.9 x 8.7 x 4.2 inches enabling it to fit in small spaces. It further weighs 4.25pounds to guarantee ease during installation. With an ability to deliver hot water instantly, the stylish heater cuts off the process of long waits for hot water. Unlike gas water heaters that take a lot of time during installation, this heater doesn’t call for much energy or time which makes it a great choice for tankless water heaters that are easy to install.
Atmor electric water heater can be installed anywhere in the house be it against the wall, under the sink, or somewhere in between. When compared to traditional water heaters, it doesn’t require any venting but comes with a pressure relief device which is designed to enhance safety. Talking about safety, the unit includes an auto-activation feature which indicates the water flow and shuts off the heater once the flow is cut down.
- The heater delivers hot water in seconds.
- On/Off switch guarantees easy operation.
- Plastic canister ensures better energy efficiency.
- A thermostat protects against overheating.
- No plug-in.
- The unit requires a limited water flow for it to provide hot water.
In a nutshell;
Atmor electric water heater is clearly the champion to a tankless water heater that combines style and technology. The heater saves up to 50% of the costs related to water heating which renders it perfect when you want to incur fewer bills. Also, it is a great pick to a water heater that is safe to use due to the plastic canister that offers better insulation.
4. Ariston GL4S Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
- Point-of-use 4-gallon mini-tank water heater
- Provides instant hot water for your sink's faucet
Are you a homeowner in search of a power-packed water heater? You probably had an old water heater whose efficiency didn’t run for long, the reason you want to switch to the best under-the-sink tankless water heater. If you can relate to any of this, you will make the right choice when you select Ariston GL4S.
This water heater comes equipped with a 4-gallon mini tank designed to deliver hot water instantly. Additionally, it eliminates the problematic process associated with installation since it doesn’t require hard wiring.
The heater features a plug that needs simple plugging to an outlet for easy installation. There is also an improved thermostat that features a new sensing probe that stays attached to a thermostat that inserts into the cavity of the new element enabling the heater to adjust temperatures faster and maintain consistent heat.
Ariston GL4S requires a single tap when you want to activate the cold water line. It can be installed directly to the sink so that you can get a high volume of hot water without waiting for long. The electric water heater
- Compact size means that the heater requires a small footprint when installing.
- Delivers instant hot water.
- The heater installs with no effort.
- The thermostat is quite challenging to set up.
What can be more stunning than getting an electric water heater that features a compact size yet one that draws less power to ensure consistent hot water supply? Therefore, acquire Ariston water heater and plug it into a 120-volt outlet and maintain up to 4 gallons of ready hot water.
5. WaiWela WM-2.5 Mini-Tank Water Heater
- Under sink installation, floor or wall mount
- Install at point-of-use
Eliminate time wastage as a result of the long waits associated with heating water with WaiWela WM-2.5 Mini-Tank. Among the features that have made it outshine competitor products is the premium-quality materials designed to guarantee durability. Also, the heater allows for wall mounting, under-the-sink installation, or floor mounting to enhance versatility.
WaiWela WM-2.5 Mini-Tank serves as an affordable solution to everyday hot water needs due to its ability to hold up to 6gallons of hot water. It measures 10.8 x 11.8 x 14.5 inches while it weighs 18.1pounds. You can either install it in kitchens or bathrooms due to its easy installation techniques.
What you are also likely to love about the water heater is its adjustable thermostat. The thermostat offers protection against overheating to enhance safety. The heater includes a glass-lined tank designed to provide durability. Furthermore, it comes with a power cord for easy setup. The stylish design is another addition of the heater which makes it suitable for use in closets, restrooms, workshops, and modern kitchens.
- Delivers instant hot water.
- A glass-lined tank ensures strength.
- Adjustable thermostat ensures safety by preventing overheating.
- Easy and fast to install.
- Compact design makes it easy to install.
- The switch on the side is quite difficult to locate.
You should utilize WaiWela WM-2.5 Mini-Tank and leave the problems related to heating water to take a backseat. The fact that the heater can hold up to 6gallons of water makes it a perfect choice for continuous hot water supply. So, acquire the incredible and user-friendly heater so that you can solve all problems associated with water heating problems.
6. Ariston GL2.5 Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
- Stores up to 2.5 gallons of water to supply hot water for a single sink
- Easy, space-saving installation and draws power from standard outlet
Avail hot water where and when you need it with the help of this advanced tankless water heater. Designed as a gift for every household, the heater features a built-in capacity that is big enough to enable it to hold up to 2.5gallons of water. That not all but it features a lightweight at 20.2pounds. This proves it suitable for use in cottages, camps while enhancing easy installation.
Ariston GL2.5 measures 10.5 x 14 x 14 inches enabling it to take minimal space in kitchens or bathrooms. You can opt to install it under the sink or mount it on the floor or wall without any complication. The heater features an attractive look which makes it suitable for use in modern decors.
The interior section is glass-lined to enhance durability. When compared to competitor products, Ariston GL2.5 spots high-end insulation which makes it energy efficient. It uses a standard outlet which means easy installation. Scoring high on energy efficiency, the heater requires a 120-volt outlet that consumes less than 1500watts.
- The heater works independently or with a large water heating system.
- It draws power from a standard outlet.
- Available in three sizes: 2.5gallons, 4gallons, and 6gallons.
- Easy to set up.
- Delivers instant hot water.
- The adjustable thermostat doesn’t need you to remove the access panel.
- An indicator light on the On/Off switch lets you know when the appliance is heating.
- Requires often maintenance.
- Anode requires replacement every 18 months.
- Temperatures settings are a little bit challenging to change.
To sum up;
This mini-tank heater can offer great value for money to households looking forward to acquiring the best under-the-sink water heater. Therefore, avoid being left behind and get Ariston GL2.5 and plug to a standard outlet and wait for it to perform the miracle.
7. PowerStar AE-9.5 Electric Tankless Under Sink Water Heater
- 9.5 kW output tankless electric water heater eliminates long waits for hot water at point-of-use
- Easy installation under bathroom or kitchen sink
Save utility bills as you look forward to endless hot water flow with Bosch PowerStar AE 9.5 electric water heater. One of the reasons why a range of homeowners are incorporating it is its
99% thermal efficiency with minimal standby loss. In respect to this, you can save much in the long run in terms of the energy bills.
Another undeniable feature is its impressive flow rate and the compact 3.5 x 14.8 x 7.3inches size. This enables it to fit into small spaces which makes it suitable for small kitchens and bathrooms. PowerStar AE-9.5 doesn’t require regular maintenance to guarantee ease of use. The 21st-century heater also features a stylish design making it suitable for use in modern decors.
Being one of the favored models, PowerStar AE-9.5 requires a voltage of 220 at 84% of capacity and 208Volts at 75% capacity. Adding to that, the model delivers 9.5Kilowatts of power. Because of this, you no longer have to wait long for your bathing water to get hot in the morning. Once you get this model, you can choose to mount it on walls in any direction which means better planning on the available space.
- Supports hassle-free installation.
- Ability to delivers instant hot water.
- The settings on the shower head are easy to change to ensure comfortable temperatures.
- Takes up little space
- Temperature rise varies inversely to the flow rate.
Want to save your utility bills once you install a tankless water heater? Look no further but the PowerStar AE 9.5. With the advantage of ensuring 99% thermal efficiency, the electric water heater helps you save a lot on the electrical energy bills. Also, the heater doesn’t require regular maintenance. Hence, it is a perfect choice for an affordable and cost-friendly water heater.
8. Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater Tronic 3000 T
- CONVENIENT HOT WATER HEATER: 2.5 gallon point-of-use mini-tank fits under your sink to provide hot water right where you need it. Thermal efficiency is 98%. Dimensions : 13.75 W x 13.75 H x 10.75 D Inches
- LONG LASTING QUALITY: This electric water heater is easy to maintain and has premium glass-lined material for a long service life. (Amps 12A, Volts (VAC) 120)
Supply hot water in no time and at the point of use once you install Bosch 3000 T. With the primary intention of delivering a tankless water heater designed to ease the hassle of daily lifestyles, the heater features a compact, sleek, and low energy consuming design so that users can install it without any doubt.
What is more, is that it features a design that enhances easy installation. This is due to the included mounting bracket that allows the user to mount it on the wall, shelf, or floor. You can also fit the heater into cabinet spaces to enhance easy planning of the available space.
Bosch Tronic 3000 T provides a 2.5gallon of hot water which means supply of sufficient amount of water for the entire household. What also makes it steal the show is that it consumes a total of 1440 watts while it requires a 120Volts plug-in socket. This enables it to save more on electrical bills than traditional water heaters.
The CFC-free foam insulation is another addition of the water heater designed to ensure lower energy bills. Also, there is a glass-lined tank intended to ensure durability. Bosch Tronic 3000 T doesn’t require maintenance which makes it a great choice for homeowners looking forward to more savings.
- An insulated design ensures energy efficiency.
- Silent and robust design.
- Compact size fits into small spaces.
- Glass-lined tank ensures durability.
- Pressure and temperature relief valves guarantee efficient use.
- Thermostat adjusts with much ease.
- The heater doesn’t sit flat due to the curved bottom side.
- It is quite difficult to install.
You can supply hot water in style with Bosch Tronic 3000 T. Having proven itself as a tankless water heater with the ability to be installed under sinks and blend with contemporary decors; you will be grateful to have a supply of hot water in no time at the point of use. Therefore, get the water heater and reduce your spending on energy bills with an assurance of supplying hot water in style.
There you have it; the best under-the-sink tankless water heaters. I now leave the choice to you so that you can pick a product that seems to work best for you. In this case, take into account of the buyer’s guide and let it have a say on the product you opt to pick. Once you do this, remember that safety is important as well. Therefore, hire a licensed and professional technician to mount the heater for you.